Veterans Resource Center
The School of Mines greatly appreciates and
values your service to our country, and we are honored to assist
and support you in the pursuit of your academic
Who We Are
The mission of the Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is to fulfill our country's promise to care for and honor the men and women who are America's Veterans. We provide School of Mines veterans with a relaxing place to study or simply connect with other campus veterans. Located on the lower level of the Surbeck Center near the student activities area, the VRC is sponsored
jointly by the School of Mines and Western Nebraska Community College TRIO Veterans Upward Bound, a program funded by the Department of Education.
For additional information, contact Matt Hanley: (605) 394-2560, Matthew.Hanley@sdsmt.edu
What We Offer
- tutoring in math and writing
- assistance with job, internship, and scholarship searches/applications
- resume and cover letter writing
- referral services regarding VA benefits, G.I. Bills, and community veterans' organizations
- academic and life skills workshops in areas such as learning styles, test preparation, note taking, time management, stress management, financial literacy, and wellness
- coffee, tea, hot chocolate, snacks, refrigerator, microwave, pizza oven, toaster oven, popcorn machine, kitchenette, flat-screen cable TV, study tables, couches, recliners, storage lockers, veterans' information board, career information board, scholarship
information board, two walls of whiteboards
Official Veteran's Certifying Officer
The veteran's certifying officer at the School of Mines is Hallie Vigil. Please contact her in order to initiate and maintain your benefits and also become certified with the VA. She can be reached at (605) 394-2553 ( email@example.com ).
The School of Mines is proud to be partnered with Western Nebraska Community College's TRIO Veterans Upward Bound Program!