Distance Education at Mines
SDSM&T offers three graduate-level distance education programs -- each culminating, when successfully completed, in a Master of Science Degree. Designed for those who already have an engineering degree, or significant engineering experience plus a degree in a related field, distance education programs at Mines provide a flexible means to the quality education needed for advancement into executive and management positions.
Learn more about Distance Education Graduate Programs
|The Construction Management program provides programs of advanced study for individuals wanting to pursue managerial careers in the construction industry.
|Engineering Management provides a flexible program that allows you to complement your technical skills with the engineering management tools needed for success.
|Attuned to the needs of major industy, the Mining Engineering program supports the growing need for mining engineers and is known and respected around the world.
Why Prospective Students Should Choose Mines
Many universities offer distance learning programs, so why choose Mines? Here's a few reasons:
- High Quality Education: your courses are taught by the same expert faculty that teach on-campus courses
- Flexible, on-demand learning: programs fit your schedule, perfect for the professional who is already working
- Accredited: you receive a degree from a nationally known university highly regarded in science and engineering industries.
- Return on Investment: An SDSM&T degree is one of the best education values in the nation.
Take the Next Step
- Carefully review program descriptions and eligibility requirements
- Contact the Program Coordinator if you have additional questions
- Learn more about the graduate admissions process for Prospective Graduate Students
Distance Accreditation Group Charter
The distance education master’s programs in Construction Management
(CM), Engineering Management (EM), and Mining Engineering (MEM) are
offered by the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, which holds
regional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). | More Information
Distance Accreditation Assessment Plan
The Dean of Graduate Education and the Distance Education Advisory
Committee (DEAC) work together to ensure ongoing assessment and
evaluation of the quality of instruction, program delivery, and student
support. | Assessment