Completed in 2004 and housing almost 300 freshmen and sophomore students, Peterson Hall is connected to the Surbeck Student Center. Students who live in Peterson appreciate the fact that they do not have to go outside in harsh weather to go to the dining hall or Miner's Shack. Peterson has a variety of different room styles including doubles, triples, quads, and study quads; all rooms come with beds that can be lofted using the providing lofting kit. Each room has a sink and there are community bathrooms for the residents living in doubles and triples. Residents in quads and study quads have a private bathroom. Peterson is home to three learning communities: Service First, Outdoor Pursuits, and Exploring Rapid City (and beyond). These communities are open to all new freshmen as a housing option on the housing agreement.
Key features of Peterson Hall
- Various gathering spaces throughout the building including two kitchens, two study rooms, and a TV lounge
- Grubby Gold laundry room on first floor
- Connected to Surbeck Student Center
- Adjacent to March/Dayke Plaza - a seating area with gas BBQ grill
- Staff of 8 Resident Assistants, 1 Residential Peer Mentor, 1 Assistant Area Coordinator, and 1 Area Coordinator
Peterson Hall Double
Room 11' x 17'
Peterson Hall Deluxe Double
Room 11' x 21'
Peterson Hall Quad
Main room 27' x 18'
Bathroom 7' x 6'
Note: Deluxe Quads have varied floor plans--they are units
that are slightly larger.
Peterson Hall Study Quad
Bedroom 13' x 10'
Bathroom 7' x 7'
Study Area (entry) 7' x 19'
Take a Tour!
Click through our slideshow to learn more about Peterson Hall.