Residence Life is proud to welcome you to Placer Hall. This new six-story building was developed for second-year students and offers 50 suite-style units, each with a living room and a bathroom. Built in an industrial-loft design, Placer features exposed ceilings, concrete floors, and exposed piping -- creating an urban oasis on campus. About half of the suites consist of 2 double bedrooms, while the other suites have 4 single bedrooms. Community lounges, kitchens and group study spaces are provided throughout the building.
Highlights of Placer Hall include:
- Suites equipped with loftable beds, desk/chair, wardrobe, couch, and coffee table
- 3 community kitchens
- 1 large group study room and 3 small group study rooms
- Large 1st floor gaming lounge with a pool table
- 3 lounges
- Grubby Gold laundry room on 1st floor
- Parking available in yellow parking lots (around Rocker I, Rocker II, and Placer) or in main campus lots (Red parking). The Placer yellow parking permit is limited and available on a first come, first serve basis starting July 1 (through Parking Services).
- Staff of 5 Resident Assistants, 1 Assistant Area Coordinator, and 1 Area Coordinator
Placer Hall Single Suite
Average Living Room 17'7'' x 9'5''
Average Bedroom 8' x 9'10''
Placer Hall Double Suite
Average Living Room 13' x 9'5''
Average Bedroom 14'7'' x 9'10''
Take a Tour!
Click through our slideshow to learn more about Placer Hall.